"Do you offer a military discount?"
Lately, I have noticed that a lot of places offer military discounts. Places that I wouldn't even have imagined offered a military discount. So, I have decided that when I find such discounts, I will post them here.
This weekend, we decided to take advantage of the Memorial Day 96 and head to Williamsburg, VA. The idea was to to enjoy a nice dinner together in Colonial Williamsburg, and enjoy a whole day at Busch Gardens riding roller coasters. We were searching for a place to stay, and I found that Kingsmill Resorts and Spa (http://www.kingsmill.com/) offers a 15% discount for active duty military. They are also wonderful-- they have free scheduled shuttles to and from the park and to Colonial Williamsburg during the day. The concierge said they did not offer shuttles into town for dinner, which was a bit of a bummer since taxis are expensive and we didn't want to drive, but when we asked the valet to call us a cab, he actually asked the shuttle driver to drive us to town. The driver then offered to come pick us up after dinner! A number of the staff are retired military, and they are very friendly and helpful.
When we got to Busch Gardens on Saturday, we found out that they actually offer free-- completely free!-- admission to active military and dependents, year-round. We just had to show military IDs, and they gave us a complementary admission ticket. It was a nice surprise-- we had thought they would be buy one, get one free or discounted, but never imagined admission would be completely free! Of course, they made back their money when we purchased several funny roller coaster pictures...and lots of beer (yay for the free shuttle and not having to drive!)
As I find great deals, I will place them in the Military Savings folder on Money Mondays! If you find something good, let me know!